About AS and A Level Physics
Physics is the study of how matter interacts and how the universe behaves. Physics spans the range from sub-atomic particles to the largest galaxies and beyond. Studying A Level Physics is recommended for those who wish to pursue a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Physics.
During the A Level course, students will learn about the importance of models in physics and how they can explain and predict the behaviour of systems. They will also apply the laws of physics and maths to real-world problems.
Topics covered in this course include particles, wave theory and quantum physics. Students will develop advanced analytical and experimental skills, making this course highly-valued for most career choices.
How our Online A Level Physics Course works
Much like a traditional school, students are divided into classes and each class has a dedicated, experienced A Level teacher. Classes are made up of approximately 15 students from international schools all around the world.
Each course follows the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) curriculum and are 1 year AS or 2 year A Level courses. These online courses have been developed by A Level teachers and examiners and are designed to meet Cambridge International standards and to foster Cambridge learner attributes.
Courses are formally examined in the same way as traditional courses, and online A Level students have the same status for university admission as students taught in the traditional face-to-face manner.
The course content is divided into weekly lessons guided by the online teacher. Interactive, engaging material and activities are supplemented with live classes every week. All materials and lessons are recorded and stored on our dedicated online platform and are available to view 24 hours a day. Intensive practical courses allow hands-on experimental experience in preparation for the practical exams.
Why Study Physics Online?
Taking our online AS or A Level Physics course will enable students to:
- Study a subject that may not be available to them in their existing school
- Be taught by exceptional, British-trained teachers who have decades of experience teaching and examining the A Level curriculum
- Access learning materials in a variety of media
- Learn at their own pace, in school or at home
- Study alongside students from all over the world
- Conduct experiments in a laboratory setting during the practical course, thereby preparing students for the practical exams
- Become independent learners with essential critical thinking skills
- Timetabled live lessons every week via our virtual classroom technology
- Detailed written or video’d assignment feedback
- Discussions which are guided and monitored by the teacher to develop analytical thinking
- Collaborative assignments and peer activities
- One-to-one contact with teachers
- Activities designed to give instant & formative feedback
- Bespoke video experiments with associated activities
- Intensive practical course for hands-on experience
Kingshill Education © 2016